Thank you for your interest in working for the State of California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology (BBC). The Board's mission is ensuring the health and safety of California consumers by promoting ethical standards and by enforcing the laws of the beauty industry.
Please visit the California Jobs website to learn about the process for getting a state job, including taking an exam to gain civil service list eligibility. You must follow very specific steps before you can apply for a BBC job. Follow the 3 steps to a state job to create a CalCareer account, search open exams, and submit your application online.
Your first step is to establish eligibility for the job by taking and passing the examination. You can only take an examination if you meet the minimum qualifications. For example, for some jobs you might need to have a college degree or four years of experience. This information is outlined in the examination bulletins listed below:
Once eligibility has been established you can apply for job vacancies. The current job openings for the Board are listed below:
- Limited Term Program Technician II, Licensing Unit. Submit your application by 03/15/2023
- Seasonal Clerk, Licensing Unit. Submit your application by 03/17/2023
- AGPA, Disciplinary Review Committee. Submit your application by 03/20/2023
- Inspector III, Northern California. Submit your application by 03/20/2023
- Inspector III, Southern California. Submit your application by 03/21/2023
- Staff Services Analyst, Licensing Unit. Submit your application by 03/21/2023
- Special Investigator, Sacramento. Please submit your application by 03/23/2023
- Special Investigator, Los Angeles. Please submit your application by 03/23/2023
- Special Investigator, San Diego. Please submit your application by 03/23/2023
California Jobs Website
Create your CalCareer account
Tutorials for Job Seekers
We also encourage you to take a look at other current Department of Consumer Affairs Job Openings and Examination Opportunities.